JIM RICKARD is the Director of the Stewardship Services Foundation. Jim graduated from Cedarville College in 1971 with a degree in accounting and has attended graduate school in Los Angeles. After graduating from high school Jim worked for eight years as a Buyer in the automotive industry while also attending night school at the University of Toledo. In 1968 the Lord called Jim and his wife, Joan, to Cedarville College in Ohio where he finished his undergraduate work and stayed on as Assistant Business Manager. In 1973 he accepted a call to become the Business Manager at Los Angeles Baptist College (now The Master’s College and Seminary in Newhall, CA) serving until 1978. In 1978 Jim started his ministry in Richland, Washington. Jim has conducted seminars, workshops, as well as speaking in numerous conferences and churches across the United States to pastors and their flock on such subjects as Family Finance, Estate Planning, Leadership, Church Finance, and Clergy Income Tax. In order to accommodate the request for seminars Jim relocated to Newhall, California on October 1, 1987. Jim staffs an office in Springfield, Ohio from May to October each year. Jim and Joan have two married children and eight grandchildren.
The Stewardship Services Foundation is a privately funded, non-profit corporation established for the singular purpose of serving the fundamental Christian community. The Foundation offers you and your church several important stewardship services: Estate Planning Seminars which includes counseling on Wills and Living Trusts, Income Tax Seminars including the preparation of Federal and State returns for ministers, Family Finance Seminars, and Church Leadership Seminars.
Foundation Goals and Objectives
- Counsel and prepare pastors’ individual Federal and State tax returns. In 2014 we prepared over 2500 ministers’ returns covering 48 states and 72 foreign countries and counseled an estimated 8000 pastors.
- Church Leadership Seminars – teaching godly principles of leadership from I Tim. 3 and Titus 1, and the complex church finance issues including IRS regulations.
- Family Finance Seminars – focusing on Matt 6:19-24 our most popular seminar, Jim conducts over 100 per year throughout the country.
- Will Seminars – encouraging God’s people to preserve their estates for their families and the Lord’s work.
- Income Tax Seminars – keeping ministers current on tax law.
If you would like to receive our free periodic newsletter regarding non-profit tax issues, send your e-mail address to email@example.com